Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year, New Me

Happy New Year everyone! My new year's resolution isn't to lose weight or get my life on track and the way I want it to be, like all the cliched resolutions. Why? Because resolutions are made to be broken. Instead, I am making a life time promise to myself. A promise to not only lose weight but to get in shape and stay healthy. I am tired of always being sick, going to the amusement parks and having to suck in as deep as possible to ride a ride, being tired all the time, and not being able to do things I enjoy because I am either too embarrassed or not fit enough to enjoy it when I do it. August of 2011 my husband and I set out to climb this hill/small mountain in a  nearby park. It nearly killed me. I could barely make it 20 steps up hill without having to stop and take a breath. That will be me NO MORE! If I was forced to make a New Year's Resolution it would be: To do what I can today to reach my goal tomorrow. I know I have a long journey ahead of me but it starts with a single step. I am going to strive to take that single step every day! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, taking control over your life. Best wishes in the New Year xx

    - Desperate Student

    ReplyDelete